Tuesday, November 3, 2009

OTR Website Review: The Flashing Dial

The hobby of Old Time Radio and the practice of collecting it takes up many a dreary day for me. The thrill of the hunt, and the satisfied feeling I get after finding that elusive Norman Corwin or Wyllis Cooper-era Lights Out episode is inescapable.

However, that being said, there is an element of loneliness involved when you feel that you are the only collector on the face of the earth, as is the case here in my neck of the woods. There is no one (in my knowledge) within 40 miles of me that is as involved in the hobby of OTR as I am. And I don't like loneliness at all.
Thats why I discovered that there is a vibrant community online for all things OTR and OTR-related.

The Flashing Dial is a forum community for all things OTR and OTR-related. The setup is simple and the first requirement is easy: after your account is created, simply post at least two posts in the forum (one in the "Introduce Yourself" area and another wherever you want). After that, you can immerse yourself in the massive forum areas and browse the collections that other users post. Users come from all over the world to share and discuss on all things Old Time Radio, and the forum is refreshed daily with new posts and media.

FINAL RATING: 10 out of 10. Check out The Flashing Dial today but be warned: it, like OTR itself, can be VERY addictive!

http://theflashingdial.forumwise.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment